Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine's Blog Event: Deleted Scene - Hunting Lila by Sarah Alderson

If you failed to notice in my many previous posts featuring the ridiculously talented Sarah Alderson, I am 98% in love with this woman. (She loses 2% for her anti-Team Peeta ways). Anyway, she's been SUPER awesome to Lisa and I this month and thus, been featured 4 times on our blogs! With character interviews from Evie & Lucas (Fated), Alex & Lila (Hunting Lila) and a deleted scene from Hunting Lila. And now today? I have ANOTHER amazing deleted scene from Lila to share with you all!

Also, whether you've read Hunting Lila and want MORE (because the sequel is painfully far away) or if you want a taste of Alderson Awesomeness first, then check out the FREE short story from Suki, one of the characters in Lila! Catching Suki is available free for a limited time and by doing so, you'll be supporting such an empowering charity!
Deleted Scene - Hunting Lila 
Sarah's Note:  
This comes from the first draft of Hunting Lila. Originally Lila wrote a letter to Alex which she planned to give to him on his birthday and have him open when she had gone back to London. It never made it to the final edit.
_____

I lay face down on the bed contemplating the two other things I needed to do before tonight, trying to work up the courage to actually do them. The first was to lie some more to Jack and the second, the thing which was eviscerating my nerves, was to tell the truth to Alex. Well, one truth. Sara was right, I would have enough suffering in my life from now on without adding to it. I was going to tell Alex I loved him. Not to his face though, I drew the line at total humiliation. I needed to write him a letter, and instructions to open it when I was safely thousands of miles away from the bomb blast of his reaction.

I took out my diary and tore out a sheet of paper, then picked up my pencil and chewed on it. How on earth did you do this? Turn three words, so empty when you wrote them down, into something that actually expressed the whole of what you meant to say. After five minutes of staring at a blank page I stopped procrastinating and pressed the pencil to the paper;

Alex,

Once upon a time you rescued me, and that was the moment - though you've never known it - that I fell in love with you. I have loved you ever since - before I even knew the words to describe the feeling, and I think I always will.

Do you remember my mother's funeral? You held my hand through it all and you didn't let me go. I never got to say thank you. But I was so grateful. Now I don't want to let you go - but I have to.

I'm not telling you this because I hope or expect anything from you. I know you don't feel the same. But I needed to tell you because I am tired of keeping secrets from you and because tomorrow I will be gone and I'm not sure I'll ever be back.

Please keep taking care of Jack for me,
Love always,
Lila x

Take that, fear, I thought, putting my pencil down. Sara was right. It was an enormous release, like being filled with helium. I folded up the letter and put it under my pillow. I had to get dressed and start acting normally. Make every second left with my brother count.

Awww Lila! <3 I would've liked to have read Alex's reaction to the letter... wait... no. To be honest, I prefer when they're together. Mainly because there's potential for sexy scenes and you can't have sexy scenes when they're miles apart. Unless, of course, Alex jumps on a plane to chase after Lila. Or just swims across the ocean. He is pretty fit afterall. And he'd likely be shirtless...... *mind is quickly going to dirty places* AHEM.

Also, did you know that on her website, you can write to any of Sarah's characters AND THEY WILL WRITE BACK TO YOU? I still need to prepare my lusty email for her lead boys.

If one yummy scene wasn't enough, then skip over to Lisa's blog where she shares an excerpt from Kiss of Frost by Jennifer Estep!

Full schedule of events can be found HERE
Remember to fill out the Comment Giveaway Form so your comments will count toward the prizes!

33 comments:

  1. <3. I don't know what to say. You obviously know how much I loved Hunting Lila (re-read it recently, and loved it just as much), so this was awesome. I can totally imagine Lila writing that letter! Loved this so much, thank you :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I so need a reread!! Too many books, not enough time. And really, I have you to thank for getting me so excited about Lila in the first place <333

      Delete
  2. ROFL. Yup, that's right, Alex should be swimming across the ocean with no shirt to please us lovely readers. ;) I think I'd read a whole book just about that hahahahaha. OUR MINDS ARE PERFECTLY CLEAN. DUHHH! WHO SAID THEY'RE DIRTY? *loud coughing*

    Nawwwww this letter was so sweet. <3 I agree, I would love to see what Alex's reaction would have been, BUT AT THE SAME TIME, gotta love the sexy together scenes. ;) We can't have our ship miles apart!

    I NEED NEED NEEEEEEEEEEEEED TO READ THIS BOOK! I've heard way too many amazing things about it from both YOU AND LISA and you girls are just TAUNTING me now. Ahh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEEEEE!! I did see Sarah tweet that she wrote a short story from Alex's POV.... I think that must be it. She obviously announced this after my post today because I gave away the main plot point. ALEX. SHIRTLESS. WATER DRIPPING FROM CHEST. SWOONAGE x432256766.

      I am so excited for you to read this! I don't know what's worse - the torment you endure from mean people like us (who take pleasure in it) when you haven't read it yet or the post-reading torture when the book ends on an ASKHJDJFGDFH note making you die a little on the inside because Losing Lila is so far away *sob*

      Delete
    2. OOOOOOOOOH. I must read this short story! After I read Hunting Lila of course. :P

      OH LORD. MY MIND. MY PERFECTLY INNOCENT MIND SHOULD NOT BE THINKING ABOUT THESE IMAGES OF ALEX AND HIS CHEST. GAGH.

      Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. That is a good point...but I must endure the torture for Losing Lila BECAUSE I NEED TO READ HUNTING LILA. I'm hoping to get to it reeeeeeeeeeeeally soooon. <3

      Delete
  3. Abjhfks WANT WANT WANT!!! Aaah hunting Lila looks amazing!!! *Craves*
    pavan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the deleted scenes and interviews have you lusting, wait until you read the actual story! LOVE!

      Delete
  4. Ohh it would've been sooooo romantic if she did give the letter, and he ran after her ( or swam across the ocean & managed to survive) & then tells her that HE LOVES HER TOO. And that bitch Rachel can go to hell. Eeeee! BUT I think I happy with what happened in the final copy <3 Pfftt SEXY SCENES. TOTALLY! *cough* Alex shirtless*cough*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course he'd survive, he's BADASS! Hmmm yes, I motion for a crossover short story between Hunting Lila and Fated so we can send Rachel to one of the realms full of Unhumans :D

      If Losing Lila isn't at least 1/4 full of Shirtless Alex, I'm going to be having words with the woman behind the man....

      Delete
    2. What on earth do you mean 'MANAGED TO SURVIVE'. IT'S ALEX! OF COURSE HE'LL SURVIVE! No one with a chest like that wouldn't survive after swimming across the ocean. <3

      I NEED TO READ THIS AND GET ME SOME SEXY SCENES.

      But my mind is innocent. completely. ._.

      Delete
  5. I am 102% in love with Sarah Alderson (bonus 2% for her anti-Peeta ways). haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Another anti-Peeta! What do you people have against the sweet-hearted baker boy?! *hugs him protectively* *nibbles on bread*

      Delete
  6. I NEED THIS BOOK! Yea....loved the scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can get a copy soon, such a fantastic book!! I really hope a US publisher picks this up soon.

      Delete
  7. Awww! That is the best letter ever! Oh, how I love everything about Hunting Lila!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! Even the deleted scenes are full of WIN! <3

      Delete
  8. Aww. I love the letter but I like the way he found out better because then we got to see his reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I'm dying to read this book. But I can't find a copy anywhere! Someone help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Guess what I'm reading now, Brodie? ;) What an awesome deleted scene, makes me even more excited to finish the book! Thank you for sharing this with us, Brodie! LOVE LOVE LOVE this letter! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. *cries* Oh Lila . . . Alex LOVES YOU AND YOU KNOW IT! haha. Awesome deleted scene.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this book just get better and better

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, that's so sweet! So very touching! I'm so looking forward to getting stuck into this book! Thanks, Brodie :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Sarah Alderson is great at these things! And this has got to be my fave deleted scene of the all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Squee! Aww, what a beautiful letter! I would have loved to seen Alex get it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really need this book! Can it magically appear in my hand right now? :D Thanks for the deleted scene.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am swooning. Alex is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hahaha, your addiction to Sarah's books- and boys- is so cute! I'm so gonna have to start reading her works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. EEE! LOVELOVELOVE <3 I'm only just reading all of these now because I didn't want to read them before I read Hunting Lila! I can't get enough of Sarah Alderson! (Or Alex for that matter...) He could definitely swim across an ocean and survive. Ahhh, now I'm daydreaming...

    LOVEEEE THIS LETTER! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Alderson's writing is awesome...there's a lot of feeling in just that small scene! I love the letter!

    ReplyDelete
  21. All of these deleted scenes are great! Props to Lila for writing the letter, sometimes you just have to get things out of you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ngaw!
    Every time there is another post about Hunting Lila i just crave to read it more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow!! If only Alex could read the letter...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates