Thursday, April 5, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday #47

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)

Author: Sara Walsh
Release Date: Simon Pulse
Publisher: August 28th 2012
Add it: Goodreads
Mysterious lights have flickered above Crownsville for as long as Mia can remember. And as far as she’s concerned, that’s about the only interesting thing to happen in her small town.

That is, until Sol arrives. Mia’s not one to fall for just any guy, but she can’t get intense Sol—or the brilliant tattoo on his back—out of her mind.

Then Mia’s brother goes missing, and Mia’s convinced that Sol knows more than he’s sharing. But getting closer to Sol means reevaluating everything she once believed to be true. Because Sol’s not who Mia thought he was—and neither is she.

Author: Lex Thomas
Release Date: July 10th 2012
Publisher: EgmontUSA
Add it: Goodreads
It was just another ordinary day at McKinley High—until a massive explosion devastated the school. When loner David Thorpe tried to help his English teacher to safety, the teacher convulsed and died right in front of him. And that was just the beginning.

A year later, McKinley has descended into chaos. All the students are infected with a virus that makes them deadly to adults. The school is under military quarantine. The teachers are gone. Violent gangs have formed based on high school social cliques. Without a gang, you’re as good as dead. And David has no gang. It’s just him and his little brother, Will, against the whole school.

In this frighteningly dark and captivating novel, Lex Thomas locks readers inside a school where kids don’t fight to be popular, they fight to stay alive.

I haven't done a WoW in a few weeks, so I figure it's high time I gushed about some upcoming books. Even though I'm a little late... it's 15 minutes into Thursday here in Aus. Ah well, it's still Wednesday in countries living in the Dark Ages!

The Dark Light: The backs of shirtless guys should dominate YA covers more often. I love the entire pose between them, it gives off a serious sexy vibe, right?! And the tattoo! Enlarge it to see a more detailed version.  I'm very eager to learn more about the mysterious Sol and what significance his tattoo holds. And I LOVE that the synopsis does not give away the paranormal element... at least I presume it will be paranormal? I love not knowing!

The Loners: The final line of the synopsis in particular is what really hooks me in. I think this is going to be a very eerie, dark and gritty novel. Just what lengths will these kids go to in order to stay alive? And what kind of effects does the virus have? I cannot wait for this one!

What are you waiting on this week?

20 comments:

  1. . Ah well, it's still Wednesday in countries living in the Dark Ages! // offencive lol


    i so want dark light and i so want it because of the cover lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for The Dark Light for ages, the cover is just amazing! Never heard of The Loners before though, it's sounds awesome. Reminds me of Gone, kind of :')

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, LOVE the sound of the 2nd one!! Will definitely be keeping an eye out. I love survival books, plus the whole school angle sounds interesting.

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, those both sound absolutely AWESOME! Nice picks!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. BRODIE! Seriously, you are psychic. HOW CAN YOU KNOW THESE BOOKS WHEN I NEVER HEARD OF THEM BEFORE?!

    The Dark Light sounds AWESOME. Love the cover and the guy's tattoos! Quarantine looks creepy but intriguing!

    *off to put these books in my To-Read list*

    AWESOME picks, Brodie! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover of The Dark Light is like... WOW... And the description leaves you really wanting to find out more! *runs off to add to Goodreads shelf* Great picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Dark Light has been on my want list for a while now . . . just love the cover though it's probably too sexy for YA book covers (it reminds me of adult romance book covers) but whatever. haha. People see shirtless dude and I see the gorgeous TATTOO! haha. Anyway great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SAHFDHADSHGAJK! THE DARK LIGHT! ME WANTY! *GRABBY HANDS* NOW, PLEASE.
    What do you MEAN, August? UGH.

    Ummm... Quarantine sounds amazing... like... umm... wow?
    Kind of like that Michael Grant GONE series crossed with Mean Girls? Ha! Nooo, but seriously, I love the idea of this kind of mini little dystopian society... wow... :O
    WHERE DO YOU FIND THESE BOOKS??? IT'S LIKE YOUR SUPER POWER :O

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY GOD. I HAVEN'T READ THE ENTIRE LOT OF THIS POST BUT CAN I JUST SAY, THAT FIRST COVER IS SMOKIN HOT. UNF. Now why can't we see the FRONT of his chest aye??? ;)

    Woaaaaaaah both of these books sound AMAZING. Kids being locked in school fighting to stay alive? EEEK. I must read this! Sounds like it's going to be very gritty indeed. And the first one...god it needs to be on my shelf to display its hotness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always manage to choose books that I've never heard of before but get SO EXCITED to read after seeing them!! x) The synopsis for first one sounds so intense, although we have to admit that it's the cover for it that makes us swoon first -- I LOVE a guy with tattoos LOL! <3 And survival books are always so cool to read! *adds it to TBR pile as well*

    What would my TBR pile do without you, Brodie? I think you're one of its prime sources of food, and I LOVE YOU for it! x) <33

    P.S. I had no idea that you're so far ahead in time from us in Canada! My Wednesday just started seven hours ago and I'm getting ready for school LOL! :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOLY CRAP. THAT COVER IS SEXYY<3333 Truthfully, if I'd seen that cover in a bookstore, I'd walk right past it :S BUT, I LOVE THE BLURB!!! MEEE WANTT<333333

    Whoaaaaa The Loners sounds SO AWESOME<3 I LOVEEEE dark and gritty novels! (and that cover sorta freaks me out :/) Fantastic pick, Brodie! I can't wait for both of these:DD

    ReplyDelete
  12. OHMY. *fans self* *adds book to tbr shelf- The cover for The Dark Light is HOT! I agree that more YA books should have shirtless guys on the cover. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so with you there! The backs of shirtless guys SHOULD dominate YA covers more often. I'd pick this one up for the cover alone! :D

    I haven't heard of the second book but it sounds really interesting Definitely going on my list! Thanks Brodie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome picks this week Brodie! I've missed your IMM's--you always put new books on my radar! I have briefly heard of Quarantine but not The Dark Light. They look incredible. *adds to to-read list*

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I forgot to mention that I totally agree with you about that The Dark Light cover *drools* We need more covers like that but it doesn't really look like a YA cover to me--makes me think more of a PNR ;)

      Delete
  15. Brodieeeeeeeee! LOve the sound of both books! But I was a little bit shocked that the first book is YA! It looks more of an Adult cover compared to what I'm used to. ;) But it does look sexy! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both of these sound brilliant! The cover of The Dark Light, I like :P. And Quarantine sounds really dark and creepy. The only thing, though - isn't McKinley High the name of the high school in Glee? :P Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. DAYUM, look at that cover! Would I be right in assuming that the romance is a little more steamy than we normally see in YA? :P But seriously, is it weird that I got really excited at flickering lights? BECAUSE IT SOUNDS REALLY COOL and it got me pretty interested. Whatever works, I guess LOL.

    Oooooh. I'm always pretty intrigued with the whole ADULT/KID divide and I love the idea that they're sort of trapped in the high school. Yeaaaah, wonder what that virus is doing to them O.O THE LAST LINE IS BRILLIANT. It just really sucks you in... I can't wait to read this! <3

    I've missed your WoWs! :) You always get me thrilled about books that I had never previously heard of.

    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  18. THE DARK LIGHT.

    How in the H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS am I supposed to resist that sexy back? My mind instantly dove into the gutter and rejoiced in the dirtiest of thoughts. I shocked myself. BUT CAN YOU BLAME ME? Who wouldn't want to get into his pants? She certainly seems eager, given the way she's practically crawling her hands in to get a good, firm feel. And that back. I WANT. TO. TOUCH.

    Asher

    ReplyDelete
  19. OHUM. SO. THE LONERS. LOOKS. SOUNDS. SEEMS. AMAZING.


    WANT. NOW.

    WHY YOU SHOW ME AWESOME BOOKS? why you get me excited for books then make me WAIT fuuurever?

    :D

    I also ADORE you're WoW's. Did you know?

    I LOVE YOU.
    Sorry I haven't commented in a while, but you know how busy I am <3333

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates