Thursday, August 9, 2012

Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover #1


There's no denying a beautiful cover helps influence our decision in buying a book. And hey, we're shallow creatures! So this is an opportunity to not judge a book by it's cover and solely by it's fantastic synopsis. Of course, no cover means that the release date is likely a long way off, but it's a chance to add it to your Goodreads lists and stay up to date when the exciting cover reveal does come!

This week's pick...

All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill
Release Date: Fall 2013
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Marina has everything. She’s got money, popularity, and a bright future. Plus, she’s best friends with the boy next door, who happens to be a gorgeous prodigy from one of America’s most famous families.

Em has nothing. Imprisoned in a small white cell in the heart of a secret military base, all she has is the voice of the boy in the cell next door and the list of instructions she finds taped inside the drain.

But Marina and Em have one big thing in common: they’re the same person.

Now Em must travel back four years in time in order to avert the terrible future from which she’s fled, and there’s only one way to do it. She must kill the person who invented the time machine in the first place: someone from her past. A person she loved.

But Marina won’t let them go without a fight.

My thoughts:

Holy crap. Holy crap. Does this sound good or what? Nay, AMAZING! Em's paragraph is what hooked me, but BAM, my interested intensified a hundred times over when I read they're the same person. One from the future, one from the present. What happened during those four years that put Em... Marina... into a small cell of a secret military base? What will happen when she tries to kill the person she once loved... and then has to fight herself?! What happens if one accidentally killed the other? EEEEP!

Also, did you see the part about the TIME TRAVEL MACHINE? DID YOU? I'm a little obsessed with the idea of time travel. I'm also a little bit obsessed with getting my hands on this book.

You can find the author, Cristin Terrell, on her:

21 comments:

  1. This is a great way to feature new books! Covers can definitely make me want or dislike a book instantly but just reading this synopsis made me WANT! It sounds great!

    Also, LOVE your new blog-look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap. HOLY CRAP. THIS INDEED SOUNDS SO AMAZINGGGGG! I was actually thinking of Shatter Me when I read the 'cell' part...anywayyy THIS SOUNDS SO FREAKING GOOOOOODDDD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at time travel. THAT'S ALL :)


    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  4. This books sounds so awesome... but I have a feeling there’s going to be strong romance aspect which will direct the reader away from the real plot... although yes, the romance is what makes this plot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohmygosh, EPICNESS to follow! Time travel and prison and I don't even know - thank you for sharing!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds fun but i don't remember this book but i was baffled when i saw i got as to read on my goodreads

    cool new meme

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brodie, do you know what? You are AMAZING! This feature is such a clever idea! I love it! The idea of being hooked by a book simply based on it's synopsis is like.. well, d'uh, surely we should be doing that anyway? But we don't! This is just so clever!

    AND I WANT THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW! Please? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG this book sounds SO amazing! Hope it's as epic as I think it will be. Hurry up 2013 hurry up! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL!!!!!!!!! This book sounds amazing!!!!! I love time machines too!!!!!!!! Sounds really orginal too! sounds like Em has to stop the boy next door in order for the future to no to happen. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This feature is BRILLIANT. It should take the shallowness out of us. Or at least some. ;) Like you, I was hooked by the paragraph about Em, and then just got drawn in even more. I love the idea of them being the same person and time travel and all the complications that's going to present.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Feature! I too often get hung up on covers. I won't buy a book based on its cover but that is what usually gets me to find out more about a novel.

    This book sounds so interesting. I want to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH. MY. GOSH. Time Travel? Say no more! I'm a huge Doctor Who fan, so the whole idea behind time travel draws me in like nothing else does. Gosh, you're right Brodie - we really do judge books by their covers a lot! I love this feature and I'm definitely planning on adding this book to my TBR-List immediately! While I hope the romance doesn't play too big of a role in it, I'm intrigued by its creative premises! Awesome Pick! :D

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love time travel books and this one looks AMAZING:) I usually am a person who judges books by their covers, but I think I should switch to judging books by their synopsis'. 2013 is going to be an excellent book year:)
    -Danna

    ReplyDelete
  14. A time machine?! This book was clearly written for me! I have to echo Keertana's comment. Doctor Who is up there with Harry Potter for me. This sounds fantastic! (I do hope they pick a great cover to go with this great synopsis) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH MY GOODNESS. This book sound amazing, and I love that there's no cover to persuade me into reading or not reading it. Great feature! I can't wait for you to introduce more amazing books that don't have covers. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aaand I just added it to my TBR list. ;) Brilliant feature! I mean, I gotta admit that the first thing I do is look at the cover, but now, I actually read the summary first! :P And wow, this sounds reeeally good! And I love the new blog design! It's really cool, though I have to admit I'm gonna miss your old banner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yippee for time travel! Haven't read too many good time travel books yet, but this one does sound absolutely amazing!! <3 I love this Don't Judge feature; it's so nice to promote books that may have been unfortunately skipped due to a cover. Seems like this one doesn't have a cover it, poor book, but can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pssssst. I love this feature. Love. Love. Love.

    And this book sounds A-MAZING. <333

    Gah, Brodie. Stop being so... awesome <33

    ReplyDelete
  19. OH MY WOW. THIS SOUNDS INCRDEDIBLE. *sqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee* Seriously? The premise is EPIC. Is this a new meme? Because I LOVE it! It's so clever...if only I could steal some of your cleverness ;D I wonder is the cover fairy will sprinkle some magic upon All Our Yesterdays... Can't wait to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  20. My head is SPINNING. Ahhhh, this whole premise just sounds AMAZING! I can already tell that this book is going to mess with my head and I LOVE IT.

    TIME TRAVEL!!! You already know my thoughts on this but FKSHDFKJSDFK! I think I dream about having a time machine 10 times a day so to actually read about one? I. CANNOT. WAIT.

    And hehe, I like your image for the meme :P So cute.

    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  21. I WANT THIS NOW! GAH! NOW! Please can I have it now?!

    Also, I happen to love this meme! Do more of them, because I love hearing about awesome books to add.

    I am excited to see the cover for this, and I sense the potential for romance with both boys in each of the situations. Also, TIME TRAVEL! That is all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates